Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everything I Needed to Know I Learned on Facebook




Facebook really is a fascinating thing.  Much like your daily horoscope, or a taro card reading it seems that some days all the posts, quotes and images you see are bang-on  with where you are.  That’s how it was for me this morning.
As I continue my journey out of the mire of a past that binds, today’s posts and quotes reminded me to believe in myself and my path; to stick to what I know, in my heart, is right for me.  They were the perfect crib notes I needed to keep me on a positively productive path to self realization and contentment.

It all started when I encountered this quote by Tony Robbins : ‘I wrote down all the things I would no longer accept in my life, all the things I would no longer tolerate, and all the things that I aspired to becoming.’ 
Thanks Tony, for reminding me to re-check my ‘Things I Will no Longer Tolerate’ list to assure myself that my choices were sound, necessary and rational. 
Already I felt calmer, seeing that it might be possible to put my mental wrestling match to bed one more time.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox’s quote told me ‘There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.’  

You are so smart, Ella, for reminding me to recognized the rightness in the path I have chosen for myself because it is MY path.  For the first time in my life I am seeing myself with the eyes of my soul and I know... I KNOW the soundness of my decision with such clarity that nothing will deter me.
Ella reminded to stay the course, and my resolve strengthened even more, knowing that I needed to be the strongest I have ever been to overcome this life struggle, and that only certainty and determination would change this destructive pattern. 
And I felt peaceful.
But, it was when I read one of my favorite quotes by Maya Angelou,  ‘A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.’

...that I breathed in the air of contentment and was at one with the universe, recognizing the abundance of bliss, the pure ‘ahhhh’, within this resolve and determination, continuing to gain strength and courage from having finally appreciated the rightness of my choice.  I am in harmony with my spirit.  We are one.  My spirit and I will flow with grace and ease forever, soaring, flying, leaving these bonds behind.
I am free.

Thanks to FB pages
Woman http://www.facebook.com/fbpagewoman, Sharing the Dance of Life http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharing-The-Dance-of-Life and the amazing Andrea Hylen at Fearless Voices http://www.facebook.com/FearlessVoices.  You ladies made my day.

3 comments:

  1. Is this an emulation of "All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten" or a serious reflection? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your question...it made me stop and think. In reflection, I believe it was how I felt at the moment, or to answer your question, a little of both :-) The familiar Kindergarten title popped into my head and I searched for a title. At the same time, the 3 ah-ha moments in a row was what sparked the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just discovered your blog, and I've truly enjoyed the posts I've read so far. This one about Facebook is so true!! The same things happens to me when I log on to FB -- the quotes, links, photos, status updates, etc. all seem to address whatever topic or issue I'm dealing with at the time. Funny how the Universe can use even Facebook to send us messages of support and synchronicity. btw, I think the title of your post is cute :-).

    ReplyDelete